We have truly been blessed by the many friendships that have been built over the years. Our lives are richer. Our guests come as strangers but leave as friends. Below are some of the comments made. We value each one listed and the many more that we could not list.
* We loved our stay at Battiste Bed, Breakfast and Birds. The accommodations were beautiful and very comfortable. The food abundant and our hosts thoughtful, trusting and with a wealth of knowledge about birding. What a find this place is. We look forward to returning in the future. The Bible says hospitality is a gift and Tony, you and Julie have been blessed with the gift. May all your guests be as blessed by you as we were. Paul and Joan-CT
* Dear Juliette and Tony - You gave us four unforgettable days in your Casita. We felt like having our own private home with good friends as neighbors. Our full day excursion was just splendid with 14 new bird species & pronghorns. Excellent guiding and truly good company. Tony made our mornings so wonderful by serving breakfast to all the birds, so they were there in the garden when we came there to enjoy our meal.
Lene and Mogens-Denmark
* Tony and Julie - Thanks so much for all of your hospitality. The birding was excellent as were the hosts. Your yard birds are wonderful. Both of you have made our first trip to SE Arizona a very special one. We will treasure the memories and your friendship. We'll see you in the fall!
Cathy and Ricky-FL
* Dear Tony and Julie - I hardly know where to begin with our thanks to you. It has been a privilege to meet you, to hunt for Spotted Owl together, and to be freshly inspired to enjoy every detail. Thank you for sharing your passion for life, for birds and for serving people. You have a unique gift. Many people can have a beautiful home. Many people can attend to the details which make a good B&B. But somehow, the two of you create a wonderful balance of letting guests come and go while feeling like good friends. We trust that you will continue enjoying your work for many years and we hope to stay with you again when we visit SE Arizona. May God bless you with health, much joy in each other, and Vast and Sundry birds all the year through. Fondly, Kipp&Beth-MD
* Tony and Julie - Here we are for the 4th year still enjoying every minute with you! That family feeling we have for you just continues to grow and you spoil us so much. Thank you for everything you do to make each trip a high point in our lives. We look forward to seeing you in Sept and we will keep in touch. Love Sue and Jerry-TX
*Dear Tony and Julie - Our time with you was perfect. Thank you for the warm hospitality and the excellent birding. We laughed so much with you both and enjoyed every moment. The birding was wonderful. Julie, you are precious. I'll always remember your quick eye and keen ear. The best part of our trip is the friendship we made with you both. Our love and blessings.
Patti and Isaac-TX
* Dear Tony and Julie - Another delightful stay at your marvelous B&B. We couldn't ask for a nicer experience. The birds, the amenities and the hospitality. Thanks so much for sharing Easter dinner with us, it was a wonderful meal. Thanks for being you and making a home away from home for us. Scott and Joan
* Dear Tony and Julie - We had a really great time. I've never stayed where I have felt more welcomed. It was like being part of the family. We all feel that way. You are both wonderful people. We hope to be back many more times. Thanks so much for showing us all of the birds and spending time with us.- Michele, Mitch & Pat-OH
* Although we have stayed 3 times in the Casita, this was our first time in the Owl's Roost. It too, is wonderfully designed for comfort and relaxation with the deck right outside. As we've said before, the house and yard reflect your caring and kindness for both bird and man. It's your specialness that makes, compels us to come back each year. See you in April 2010.-Jessie and Marlin-SC
* Dear Julie and Tony-Anita has made you a wreath which is a Swiss custom of expressing sincere thanks for a lovely hospitality. We have enjoyed our stay and will be back! Anita and Jim-Switzerland
* Dear Tony and Julie-Thanks so much for your gracious hospitality. It was so great being able to come "home" after a long day of birding. All the best, Russell-TX
*Tony and Julie- Thank you so much for making us feel welcomed. Your home & property is beautiful & you are amazing hosts. We appreciate your hospitality & all the fabulous birding advice & expertise. We will be sure to tell any birders heading this way to check here first for accommodations. Thanks again-Steve and Sheila-Ontario
* Dear Tony and Julie-Your lovely home was such a great find and such a happy place to stay. "Home away from home" Thank you so much for all your kindness and great food at the party. Thanks also to Stephanie and "Dad" Arthur for their lovely company and also for making us feel welcomed. Its the place we have been looking for, for 20 years. A big thank you to Rudy and Breda for taking us here and now why are we here? To our little feather friends dancing outside the window, so plentiful and the check list will be a lifetime treasure. A special mention to the beautiful Owl who came right outside our door to say "good night". All special memories to take away. We will tell our birding friends in Ireland about this special place. Love, God Bless one and all. Thank you!
Tim and Nuala-Ireland
* This is my second time around and it just gets better every time. Thank you so much for making us feel like honored guests and old friends at the same time.
Carl and Jennifer-AR
Battiste's Bed, Breakfast and Birds is located in the Hummingbird Capital of North America.
Birders must make a point of visiting Ash Canyon Bed and Breakfast located minutes from Battiste's Bed, Breakfast and Birds.
*Ash Canyon Bed and Breakfast has been graced by 15 species of hummingbirds, including Lucifer and Plain-capped Starthroat. Besides hummingbirds, host Mary Jo Ballator has a yard bird list of over 150 species. She takes great pride in her yard. There is a $5.00 per person entry fee. This covers the cost of feed and helps maintain a comfortable environment for all to enjoy nature in its glory.
For the adventurers, there are many beautiful hiking and biking trails among the Huachuca Mountains, just minutes away from our home stay.
There are numerous opportunities for naturalists, butterfly enthusiasts, photographers, golfers and western historians, as well as lots of leisure time for those who would just like to relax and enjoy the quiet beauty of Southeastern Arizona.
Places of Interest
* Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
* Ramsey Canyon Preserve
* Patagonia-Sonoita Creek Preserve
* San Pedro River National Conservation
* Kartchner Caverns
* Southern Arizona Bird Observatory
Near Famous - Charles Melton
Those interested in wildlife photography especially hummingbirds, should visit local photographer Charles W. Melton's website for info on upcoming workshops and artwork sales.